Vascular Lab Services
Beaumont’s vascular laboratories are state-of-the-art, non-invasive testing facilities with the capability to evaluate all aspects of peripheral vascular disease. The vascular laboratories also have an active screening program to evaluate for non-symptomatic disease and assess risk factors for future cardiovascular problems.
The laboratories are accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission and are staffed by technical, well-trained, certified Registered Vascular Technologists. All of the examinations are read and interpreted by board-certified vascular surgeons that are certified as Registered Physician Vascular Interpreters. Non-invasive testing is done using state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging and physiologic testing technology.
The vascular laboratories provide patient-friendly, non-invasive ultrasound examinations to reach the proper diagnosis and help guide any necessary management and treatment.
Diagnostic testing available at the vascular laboratories includes:
- upper and lower extremity arterial Doppler and duplex scan for:
- peripheral arterial disease
- pain with walking
- slow healing or diabetic foot ulcers
- dialysis access grafts
- discoloration of the extremity
- Reynaud's disease
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- peripheral artery bypass grafts
- upper and lower extremity venous ultrasound for:
- deep and superficial vein thrombosis (blood clot)
- varicose veins
- chronic edema
- swelling and/or pain
- slow healing wounds
- vein mapping
- dialysis access gain
- carotid duplex including vertebral arteries for:
- possible blockage of blood flow to the brain
- speech or visual disturbances
- mental status changes
- TIA (mini-stroke)
- stroke (brain attack)
- aortic/abdominal duplex for:
- abdominal pain
- possible aortic aneurysm
- abdominal bruit
- renal artery stenosis
- chronic mesenteric ischemia
- uncontrolled hypertension
These comprehensive services are available at several convenient locations including Grosse Pointe, Macomb Township, Royal Oak, Troy and West Bloomfield.
Your physician's prescription must include the examination to be performed and the reason for the test. Please have your prescription available when you schedule an appointment for vascular services. Please bring the prescription with you to the appointment. A registered Vascular Technologist will perform your exams.