Heart & Vascular Screening - 7 for $70
The screening includes:
- Blood Pressure: Measures the pressure of the blood against the walls of the arteries. High blood pressure increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Body Mass Index: Assesses your body weight relative to height. If your Body Mass Index is too high, you're at higher risk for such health problems as heart disease and stroke.
- Blood Cholesterol and Hemoglobin A1c Measurements*: A high level of cholesterol in the blood is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease and may lead to a heart attack. A high level of A1c in the blood can indicate you are at increased risk for developing eye, kidney, nerve or cardiovascular disease.
- 12-lead Electrocardiogram (ECG): A simple and quick procedure that measures the electrical activity of the heart and screens for many types of heart disease.
- Stroke Screening/Carotid Artery Ultrasound: Screens for possible narrowing and blockages of the carotid arteries, the main arteries in the neck that supply blood to the brain.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound: Checks for an aneurysm, a bulge or weakness in the aorta, the major blood vessel in the abdomen.
- Peripheral Artery Disease Screening: Screens for blockages and plaque buildup in the legs, which is linked to cardiovascular disease.
All diagnostic studies performed through the screening program are read by board-certified Beaumont physicians. The results and a follow-up letter will be sent to you to share with your primary care physician.
The cost of a complete screening including all seven tests is only $70. This screening is specifically designed to identify your risk factors and recommend a course of action to help you improve your heart and vascular health.
*The blood work portion of the screening (blood cholesterol and glucose measurements) is optional. If you chose not to complete blood work, the cost of the remaining six screening tests is $50.
These screenings are available at all three Beaumont Health System: Royal Oak, Troy and Grosse Pointe and at specified Beaumont Medical Centers.